A&D marketing for the oil and gas industry

Ghana

Ghana

Offshore / Exploration

Envoi has been commissioned by Amni International Petroleum Development Company Limited (Ghana) (‘Amni’), to assist in its search for a partner for its 90% owned and operated Central Tano Block in the Tano Basin, offshore Ghana. The remaining 10% is controlled by the Ghana National Petroleum Company (GNPC).

The Block is situated approximately 60 km offshore in water depths of 300 to 1,500 metres and is bounded by the prolific Deepwater Tano and Cape Three Points Blocks, within which are a number of very large discoveries, including the Jubilee, the TEN field complex and Teak Fields discovered from 2007 onwards. These are recognised by the industry as the first discoveries in the deep water Cretaceous (Cenomanian-Turonian-Campanian) sand play, regenerating a West African exploration frenzy post the major Albian –Aptian synrift discoveries of the 90’s.

The 279.48 km2 Central Tano Block is part of the original Deepwater Tano Block, which was relinquished by its operator Tullow in 2013 as part of their Licence obligation. Amni was awarded the area as the distinct “Central Tano Block” in March 2014 for an initial seven year term of three exploration phases. Amni’s acreage is considered highly prospective due to its position in the heart of the most productive area of the Tano Basin, where three different plays are being evaluated, including: 1). the Turonian and Cenomanian fan systems, analogous to the Jubilee field, 2). the shallow Campanian fan systems and 3). the Albian-Aptian synrift system. Five prospects and eleven leads across the three plays have so far been identified to date with a combined potential of more than 3,500 MMbo in place. Amni is currently completing the interpretation of the 1,600 km2 Tano Deep 3D data set together with some 450 km2 of 3D PSDM reprocessed seismic. This has enabled the initial selection of three possible drilling locations where stacked prospects can be tested by individual wells. Amni would like to spud the first of two commitment wells in late 2016 or early 2017.

Amni is looking for a partner willing to earn up to a  40 % equity in the Block by funding the two obligation wells (est. dry hole cost US$ 50 million each), with a negotiated contribution to past costs.